When a person wants to get in shape physically, they expect to have a toned and sleek muscular body. Getting a toned body requires a lot of effort and one really needs to work hard and do strength training continuously with low weights. For upper body toning, it is ideal to use dumbbells as they target the primary muscles. For lower body toning dumbbells and barbells are perfect they strengthen the hips, the hamstring, calves as well as the quadriceps. Every part of the body is toned in a different way using different techniques.
Benefits of toning on the body
Toning is good for the body as it not only tones the muscles but also boosts a person’ s confidence and increases the energy levels. It has a lot of other benefits also, some of which are:
- Higher metabolic rate- A toned and muscular body helps in burning more calories. The body works harder to get a muscular look which in a way leads to an increase in the metabolic rate and a reduction in body fat.
- Eases out the back pain- Muscles help in protecting the bones from stress and injury. Lower back pain is mainly caused because of weakened muscles, so toning the body helps in strengthening the lower back and abs and also reduces the back pain.
- Increase in Strength-Doing muscular exercise helps in contributing and increasing the strength. It also helps in shaping the muscles and also improves the overall muscular appearance.
- Improved bone density- Weight strengthening exercises help in increasing the bone density, which helps in lowering the risk of osteoporosis. Doing strength training also helps in decreasing the risk of falling as well as reduces the chances of bone related injuries.
- Prevents injuries- Muscles protect bones from stress and getting injured. Strength training exercises are good for the lower back and also reduce the pain in the lower back. If done regularly strength training helps in fighting health problems like depression, arthritis and diabetes.
- Helps in improving the mental health- According to a research working out and doing strength training regularly helps in increasing the energy levels and also in reducing the stress. It is good for the mental strength and helps one in staying focused.
- Helps in fighting diseases– Toning of muscles not only helps in reducing body fat and weight but also helps in increasing the overall health. It decreases the risk of a certain diseases that can be harmful in the long run.
Things to remember
While doing strength training in order to tone the body one should follow a proper work out session, that has both warm-up as well as cool-down sessions. There has to be a warm up session of 5 minutes that helps in preparing the muscles to do certain activities and helps in preventing injury while working out. One can also do a mix of exercises like walking, cycling, stretching at the end of the session.